Easy strawberry tart with cream (no oven): presentation
Taking advantage of the season of strawberries and that the little house is celebrating years, I have made this rich strawberry cake with cream. It is best to prepare without oven and there is no secret with cooking times or temperatures. Just follow the step by step and be a little patient because it requires waiting for it to cool enough for the gelatin to act. If you do not have a lot of experience making pies, this one will leave you safe. You can make your own version with the seasonal fruit and, the more colorful you make it, the more beautiful you will be..
- 1 kg of strawberries
- 1 liter of cream or milk cream
- 200 g of sugar
- 8 sheets of neutral gelatin
- For the base of broken dough:
- 150 g of maria or toast cookies
- 100 g unsalted butter
- For strawberry filling:
- 300 grams of cut strawberries
- 50 g of sugar
Easy strawberry tart with cream (no oven): recipe preparation
- Cut 300 g of strawberries for the filling. Choose the ones with the least presence or the largest and add 50 grams of sugar. Mix with a spoon and in two hours the strawberries will have shed part of their water. This you can prepare the day before.
- Break the biscuits and put them together with the chopper or other kitchen robot. You can also put them in a plastic bag closed and without air and pass the roller.
- In a bowl, place chopped cookies and melted butter. Work with a fork until the biscuits have soaked. Pour this mixture into a 22 cm diameter removable pan and, with a spoon or spatula, distribute this paste throughout the base until a uniform layer is obtained. Press to compact this mixture and insists on the edges. Bring the mold to the refrigerator while you prepare the cream for the cake.
- Place the gelatin sheets in a container with water to hydrate them (5 minutes until hydrated).
- Drain the strawberries that you have left macerating in sugar. Mix the water of the strawberries with 100 milliliters of liquid cream. Bring this mixture to the heat and add the drained hydrated gelatin. While stirring, warm the gelatin until completely dissolved. It should be heated but not boiled. Moderate the fire if necessary. Once dissolved, separate from the fire and reserve.
- In a large bowl, pour the remaining cream (cream) and sugar. The cream should be very cold to mount easily. Beat with the electric rods until you see that the strokes of the mixer are marked and acquire a firm consistency. When you get this point, stop beating or you will be cut off.
- Mix the gelatin, still hot, with the strawberries in pieces and gradually add this mixture to the whipped cream. Do it with gentle strokes, but mix well to spread the gelatine throughout the cream.
- Remove the base of cookies from the refrigerator and pour the cream mounted on the mold. Smooth the surface well with a spoon or spatula. Put it back in the refrigerator and let it cool for at least 5 hours. This cake I demolded at 3 o’clock and was still a bit soft. Other times I leave it in the refrigerator all night and it remains with a perfect consistency. If you have time, do it overnight.
- Cut strawberries in half to make the decoration. Cut strawberries into thin sheets.
- Once the cake is cold, it has to be unmolded. Roll a knife all over the edge to remove it from the mold. Remove the ring from the mold very carefully. Smooth the entire edge of your cake by passing the blade of the knife.
- Distribute the strawberry halves on the surface forming a crown. If one is bigger, you can cut it. Distribute the strawberry slices around the base of the cake, above the cookies. It sticks easily. With strawberry quarters and a whole strawberry, form a flower in the center of your easy strawberry pie with cream. You can finish your decoration with a few fresh mint leaves.